Purpose of the School Psychology Service (SPS)
The School Psychology Service (SPS) provides a specialist psychological assessment, intervention and consultation service for schools. Services are provided:
- For students, school staff, parents and inter-agency partners
- Directly and indirectly
- Proactively and responsively
- At the individual, group, whole school and system levels
- Using a scientist-practitioner model
- By School Psychologists who are governed by a professional registration process and a code of ethics
The SPS provides support in three main areas:
- They work with students, parents and their schools to identify and change target behaviours at the individual, group and systemic level.
- Conduct assessments of students experiencing learning difficulties and/or disabilities at schools.
- Support schools in making appropriate curriculum adjustments for students in order to enhance their learning outcomes.
3. Mental Health and Well-being
- Providing direct support for students experiencing mental health and wellbeing difficulties.
- Assist schools and children to maximise the development of positive mental health and well-being.
Please contact Amy Patience on 9262 0552 or email